Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Concealer Review - Topshop & Collection 2000

Topshop Duo
Topshop Duo
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection
Left - Collection 2000 Middle - Lighter Topshop Right - Darker Topshop
To me, concealer is a necessity since I haven't been blessed with flawless skin, so I've been looking for the perfect concealer that is available in my price range. I have had countless different concealers but I recently bought these two concealers ('these two' being Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium 3 by Collection 2000 & Concealer Duo in Light by Topshop) and thought I'd test them both out & then write a review about both of them.

The first concealer I tried was the Topshop duo, which was £7, a good price considering you're getting 2 shades in one pot. The concealer is supposed to be a creamy concealer that is a good base for eyeshadow and that creates an even skintone. Also, it is applied as a cream and dries as powder, which could be beneficial to people who have oilier skin.
However, I found that when I applied it to blemishes, the powdery finish made my skin look cakey and like I had put tonnes of makeup on, which kind of made the blemish stand out more than actually be concealed. On the other hand, when I mixed both colours together they covered dark circles under my eyes very well, which I was really impressed with.
Would I recommend this concealer? If you have oilier skin, then this product might work better for you than it did for me.


The Collection 2000 concealer that I tried second was completley different to the Topshop ones. For example, its consistency is similar to a foundation and it has a furry applicator like a lipgloss which is good for when you're dotting it onto the skin. The actual concealer is oil-free and is supposed to conceal blemishes for up to 16 hours, as well as being transfer resistant. When I applied it to blemishes, i patted it into my skin with my fingers and it worked a treat! I also applied it around my nose and it completely neutralised any redness. It worked fairly well under my eyes too, but not as well as the Topshop concealer did. However, it didn't make my skin break out and I thought it was a really good product for under £4.

Overall, my favourite concealer was definitely the Collection 2000 one, and I would recommend it to anyone who is prone to blemishes or redness on their skin.

Lucy Xx

1 comment:

  1. im glad you did this review! just shows more expensive things aren't always the best!!!!
    check out my blog please xxx

    ReplyDelete